You don’t have to feel overwhelmed eating gluten-free foods! If you’ve always been missing a particular ingredient or simply don’t know what you should be preparing, then let me introduce you to a list of ingredients that are sure to help you prepare snacks, breakfast, lunch, and dinner just like that. No doubt, a bit of creation and imagination on your part could make the whole experience even better.
Some of the gluten-free foods that I’ll list here are considered a staple for making them. This means you can add the ingredients into your preparation without thinking too much about it. Just have these stored in your freezer, refrigerator, and pantry and you’re good to create gluten-free meals for the whole family!
Here are some of the top gluten-free foods I was talking about:
1. Rice is among the most versatile grains you’ll find today. Most often you’ll see different varieties of rice in the market – brown rice, white rice, wild rice, and long grain rice. If you’re looking from the nutritional point of view, I would only recommend trying out brown rice over other forms.
2. Gluten-free pasta is another option available to you. The good news is that this pasta form can be had in different forms of grains and shapes like white rice, brown rice, tapioca, corn, and others. While some of these pasta forms can be as simple as cold pasta salads and spaghetti, others could be homemade soups and a casserole.
3. Gluten-free flours give you plenty of options. With these flours at your disposal, you can not only make a variety of baked items but also use flours to thicken your sauces, coatings on meat, and a variety of breakfast items.
4. Quinoa is not just a wonderful protein-rich food option you have; it is also gluten-free and can be easily found in flakes or in regular. Using Quinoa you can easily prepare the main meal, breakfast cereal or do a warm or cold salad in a matter of minutes. You can even go one step further and use quinoa for preparing interesting food stuff like cakes, waffles, and muffins.
5. Legumes or beans are a great source of fiber. No doubt, you’ll find them used mostly in Mexican dishes. However, you can do a lot more with them like for preparing casserole, green salad, Chili and soups, potatoes dish, and others.
6. Eggs are naturally gluten-free and can be used easily for preparing a variety of dishes. So if you are a big fan of eggs then consider stocking them in large quantities at your place. If you’re planning what you should eat then in the morning you could consider having gluten-free toast, meat, and eggs. If you want something else, then try gluten-free baked goods, quiche, egg bake dish, and omelet.
7. The ever reliable nuts can also be your healthy gluten-free eating options to you. Add them in small portions and you’ll have some crunchiness to your cold pasta salad or lettuce salad. Some of the nuts you should consider are pecans, walnuts, and almonds. To get the best results, consider having nuts free of salt and in their raw form.